Extremely technical and slow-paced.
Categories: SPORTS_GAMES Pool or Billiards
Taking the casual fun out of pool
Here's what I'm going to say about pool games on smartphones: They need to be less faithful to the actual stress of the game, and more in line with goofy fun. If I wanted serious physics, I'd just play real pool. If I'm going to play pool on my phone, I'd like something more akin to minigolf. Take advantage of the fact that the table is virtual, and let's have some fun! Instead, Pool Rebel Lite takes the exact opposite road. Before you even take your first shot, there are so many mechanics to consider, from angle of the pool cue to placement of the striking point on the ball to strength of the shot itself. All these pre-shot settings detract from the fun of making the shot and slow the pace of the game way down. I actually uninstalled the game after just one shot because I wasn't having any fun. But if you like your pool technical, give this a try. -- Keoni C.
Experience the most realistic pool game simulator. Whether a beginner or a pro Pool Rebel will keep you occupied for hours on end.
Pool Rebel was initially released on Windows Mobile winning the AT&T Game Development Contest for Windows Mobile 2008 http://www.poolrebel.com/Documents/ATTPressRelease.pdf
It was soon after released for iPhone and later iPad and is currently rated by AppAdvice.com as the best pool game on the AppStore http://www.appadvice.com/appguides/show/best-billiards-pool-apps.
The Android version offers the following features:
- One Pocket and 14.1 Continuous pool games. (Full version includes five pool games implemented according to the official rulebooks: 8-ball, 8-Ball UK, 9-Ball, 14.1 Continuous and One Pocket)
- Online gaming
- OpenFeint Enabled
- Intuitive interface that allows control of every aspect of a shot
- Dynamic player hints help you avoid common mistakes during gameplay
- Save & Load a game at any stage. Automatically resume interrupted games
- Full game history with unlimited undo/redo functionality
- Adjustable difficulty levels (Full version offers fully customizable difficulty levels)
- Tablet support (Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab, etc.)
Size: 7.0M; Requires Android : 7 and up. pname=com.compumasterltd.poolrebellite .apk