Did you know that...
- The ZIP in zip code stands for: Zone Improvement Plan
- The diesel engine was named after German engineer Rudolf Diesel who invented it in the 1890s
- A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue
- More Monopoly money is printed in a year, than real money printed throughout the world
- All polar bears are left-handed
- The typical person goes to the bathroom 6 times a day
With 'Daily Amazing Facts' learn every day new fascinating facts about the science, politics, history, etc.
* Thousands of amazing facts
* Receive daily interesting facts in the notification bar
* Very fast and simple to use
* Works offline, even in 'airplane mode'. Access all facts anytime, anywhere, no internet connection needed.
* Search any term and find all facts about it
* Bookmark your favorite facts for quick future reference
* Read random facts
* Share your favorite facts by Email, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
* Listen to the facts using Android's built-in Text-to-speech synthesizer
* Works in both portrait and landscape mode for easier reading
* Optimized for all Android version from 1.6 to 4.0 (ICS)
Q: How can I share a fact from the list?
A: Just press for 2 or 3 seconds over the fact, a menu with the available sharing options will appear
Q: How can I change the speech speed?
A: The speed of the speech is controlled by the TTS engine installed with Android. It can be set up by going to:
Settings --> Voice input & output settings --> Text to speech settings --> speech rate
Q: I don't like the voice. How can I improve it?
A: The default text-to-speech engine installed with Android is Pico TTS, it’s pretty simple and sometimes may sound a bit electronic. You can always install alternatives like eSpeak, SVox or IVONA from Android Market.
Q: How can I change the speech accent?
A: Just go to Menu --> Settings and select the language. Currently, 2 accents are available:
* English (US)
* English (GB)
About the permissions:
We know you may be worried about the permissions required by the application so here is the explanation of why they are needed:
To load the ads used to support the development of the application, these permissions are required:
- Full Internet access
- View network state
About the speech synthesizer:
The text-to-speech (TTS) technology may not be available in some devices. To check if your phone is able of speech synthesis: Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speech settings.
If not installed, your device may ask you to install the TTS engine. An internet connection may be required. We recommend installing it before traveling as roaming data tariffs may be very expensive.
Tags: facts, humor, amazing, earth, politics, science, nature, animals, human, body, inventions, history
Size: 1.6M; Requires Android : 4 and up. pname=com.movinapp.facts.amazing .apk