Absorb smaller motes to become the biggest of all!
Categories: ARCADE Physics Action Game
Ever feel like a tiny speck in a vast universe?
Osmos is a game unlike any other. You play as a speck of cosmic substance whose only goal is to grow larger by absorbing smaller specks than yourself. You move around the environment by jettisoning bits of yourself around, but that makes you smaller still. The trick is to use as little of yourself as possible to move around while still being able to chase down tinier particles. This is made more difficult in later levels as other specks are competing with you for available resources. There's really nothing quite like Osmos out there, and it's very much worth your download. -- Keoni C.
The long-awaited hit game comes to Android! Enter the Darwinian world of a galactic mote. To survive, absorb smaller organisms and grow—but beware of larger predators! Winner of multiple 'Game of the Year' awards, Osmos features unique physics-based play, stellar graphics, and a hypnotic soundtrack of ambient electronica. Ready to evolve?
- Two game modes: Odyssey and Arcade. (Note that the demo only contains the first eight levels of the Odyssey.) Odyssey mode is a 27-level guided tour through the Osmos Blobiverse, while Arcade mode allows you to play any level type at your choice of difficulty. (72 levels total in full game.)
- Multitouch awesomeness: pinch to zoom, tap to eject mass, flick to warp time...
- Unique physics-based gameplay: to propel yourself you must eject matter behind you, causing you to shrink. From this fundamental balance, Osmos leads the player through ambient playgrounds, deep solar systems, competitive petri dishes, dense mote-fields, and more.
- Dynamic time-warping: slow down the flow of time to outmaneuver agile opponents; speed it up to raise the challenge
- Eight Distinct level types (only a small sampling of five of them appear in the demo): Ambient, Antimatter, Solar, Sentient, Impasse, Warped Chaos, Epicycles, and Repulsor.
- Sublime electronic soundtrack by Loscil, Gas/High Skies, Julien Neto, Biosphere, and more. (Not all music appears in demo.)
- Wind your way through simple and complex solar systems, feeling and using the force of Attractors and Repulsors. (Repulsors don't appear in demo.)
- Confront four distinct personalities of intelligent opponents, with goals and abilities similar to your own. (Only the easiest of the AI opponents - the Ovaium - appears in the demo.)
- Procedural content: play random versions of any level in Arcade mode. (Full version only.)
- Thirteen lucky achievements to earn. (Full version only.)
- Winner of multiple 'Game of the Year' and 'Editor's Choice' awards, including from Google, Wired, Apple, IGN, 148Apps, and more.
- Nominated for 4 IGF awards and winner of the 'Vision' award.
- Winner of 'Best in Show' and 'Fun/Compelling' at IndieCade.
- Selected for the PAX 10 and more.
4/4, Must Have - “We are more than overwhelmed by Osmos... The game design is thoughtful and intuitive, new level structures are flawless, and the visuals are stunning yet simplistic... You just won’t find another experience quite like it.” -Slide To Play
5/5 stars - Macworld Editor’s Choice - “One of the best games we’ve played so far this year. An utterly serene, yet fiendishly complicated game...”
“Osmos is a must-play...” -MTV Multiplayer
5/5 stars - “Osmos is an absolute must that will change the way you think of games, and what you expect from them.” -AppAdvice
“Brilliantly clever” -Co Design
Happy Osmoting! :)
Size: Varies with device; Requires Android : 10 and up. pname=com.hemispheregames.osmosdemo .apk