Manage your finances with Mint, from Intuit, the makers of TurboTax. A great service with a great, intuitive interface.
Categories: FINANCE OUR CURRENT TOP APPS Don't Break the Piggybank Personal Finance
New Mint Android App Delivers Your Finance To Your Phone
Mint is one of the world's top financial advice websites. The firm recently revised its Android app in order to please existing users with new features and appeal to new customers in one fell swoop.
The Mint app for Android has its own home screen, which is your first port of call when you want to obtain a snapshot of the current state of your finances. A dominant feature of this screen is a pie chart that divides your budget, highlighting where and how you are spending your money. The chart is interactive, like most of the app's other elements, putting the emphasis on tactile manipulation and intuitiveness.
Each category of expenditure is broken down further into the individual transactions that you made during the month. This interface is clearly best suited to an Android tablet, although the edition that squeezes on the smaller displays of smartphones still works well and retains most of these elements.
Another handy trick is the integrated alert system, which sends you notices by e-mail or text when an important financial transaction arises; for example, when a monthly bill is due or when the bank charges a fee that could dip you into the red unless you act fast.
This is a good way of avoiding hassle and also saving money further down the line and staying right on top of your finances even if you do not fire up the app.
For everyday budget management and personal finance control, this is one of the easiest-to-use apps on Android at the moment.
Jenny Worthington is a freelance finance and online share dealing writer from London, England. She regularly uses everything from finance apps to cinema booking systems and even taxi ordering software on her phone.
* Google Play: 'Best Apps of 2012'
* CNN Money: “6 Best Banking & Budget Apps” (2012)
* Kiplinger’s: “Best Online Money-Management Tools” (2012)
* PC Magazine: “The 100 Best Android Apps of 2012” (2012)
* PC Magazine: 'Editors Choice' (2013)
* WIRED App Guide: “Best Personal Finance App” (2012)
* Winner, 2012 Appy Awards (Finance)
* Winner, 2012 Webby Awards (Financial Services & People’s Voice)
WHY OVER 11 MILLION PEOPLE LOVE MINT.COM
THE BEST FREE WAY TO MANAGE YOUR MONEY
Mint pulls in all your personal finance accounts into one place, so you can manage your money from anywhere. Track your spending, create a budget, and save more.
MANAGE YOUR MONEY ANYWHERE
• See all your personal finance accounts—checking, savings, and credit cards.
• Automatically categorizes transactions.
• Charts and graphs show you at a glance where you’re spending. (tablet only)
• Track your budget.
• Track your cash spending.
• View finances offline. The app stores information from your latest download. (tablet only)
• Get email or text alerts that notify you of upcoming bills, fees, low balances, unusual activity and more.
IT’S EASY TO GET STARTED.
• Get the free app and sign up for free with Mint.
• Securely connect your accounts.
• Mint automatically organizes everything and creates a budget for you.
SAFE AND SECURE.
Your app is passcode protected. If you lose your device, or even temporarily misplace it, simply log-on to your Mint.com account and deactivate device access from your profile page with one easy click.
SYNCS WITH MINT.COM ON WEB, MOBILE AND TABLET
Always have access to your account from your mobile, tablet and the Web. Your information automatically syncs across devices so you have your latest information at your fingertips
Please note that Mint currently connects to US and Canadian financial institutions only.
Widget users, moving the app to a SD card will disable the widget. http://bit.ly/mintwidget
To learn how Intuit protects your privacy, please visit https://www.mint.com/how-it-works/security/policy/
When you download and use Mint, you agree to the Mint Terms of Service https://www.mint.com/how-it-works/security/terms/.
Size: 8.5M; Requires Android : 8 and up. pname=com.mint .apk